Thursday, October 10, 2013

Eliya Grace Miscellaneous Mumblings

Just a few sweet things said by my 2 year old love. Written here so I can chuckle at them a month from now, a year from now, ten years from now. Tonight we were having family time and talking about things that are hard in our life and how we can apply scriptu
re to those things. Eliya girl wanted a turn and she said this: 
 "What's hard in my life is reading my Bible because reading is so hard in my life." I wish I could record here the pained look on your sweet face at the difficulty of not being able to read :)

Some other cute things you say right now. You mix up words of a couple specific things like, nail polish to you is "polish nail" every time. Something new is "new brand" instead of brand new. 

There are moments when I wish you would stay this small forever, but other moments when I can't wait to see who you are becoming. 

We are in a rough patch right now. You are showing some defiance and spankings are not uncommon. You are, like all of us, fallen and sinful and born rebellious. We are learning and walking beside you and asking the Lord for His tender mercy towards you and for wisdom in training you. 


Sweet baby girl, you are the most exuberant little thing I have ever seen. You love to jump and run fast...super fast. You get so excited to show everything to your daddy. You love to read books and you love Curious George. 

No comments:

Post a Comment