Thursday, January 30, 2014

Vision

So, I am a little late for a New Years Resolution, but I can't shake this. It's not even a resolution really, just a big ask. The Word says without vision the people will perish. Vision: a word from the Lord, especially concerning future events.  If we don't have this we perish. We have got to know where we are and where we are going. We must have purpose and direction or we perish. What does perish mean? Perish means to be without restraint. Restraint is a beautiful thing. To be without restraint is death. I have lived certain areas of my life without restraint and sometimes my soul fears restraint. The very thing it needs. We are mixed up. We think restraint takes something away from us. Indeed it is just the opposite. Freedom is not the ability to say yes to everything, but it is the ability to say no to ourselves. What gives us this beautiful gift? Vision. So I am asking the Lord for this. I am asking for vision for myself and some incredible women in my life and my church. Without vision the people perish...vision causes us to live! So I here I sit in full expectation for the Lord to give me vision for motherhood and for being a wife and for all the good works he has already prepared for me. Not a light coming form heaven vision, or a writing on the wall vision, although those would be great, but a quiet and confident heart vision, trusting Him to direct my steps vision. I am trusting that as I go to Him he alone is able to fill my heart with purpose and He will do so! 

Proverbs 29:18

No comments:

Post a Comment