Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sometimes

Sometimes I go to the right place last. After I've eaten the junk food or tried to turn on the TV and drown out my thoughts, after I've cleaned furiously and tried to call everyone I know. After all this, then I go to the quiet place. 


I am a forgetful creature.


I know what heals. I know what saves. But sometimes, I go there last. 


And in the midst of all my failures swirling through my mind- in the midst of feeling alone and different than everyone else-in the midst of all these things I know this is true.


The WORD is true. 


and I instruct my soul like David.


Bless the Lord-O my soul and all that is within me bless His holy name!


Bless the Lord O my soul and forget not all His benefits.


He forgives all your iniquity
He heals all your diseases
He redeems your life from the pit
He crowns you with love and mercy
He satisfies your mouth with good 
       so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
                                                
                                                               Psalm 103


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment