Monday, March 19, 2012

Children



March 15, 2012


Lord,


Here's what's on my heart today...


My son- growing- growing pains- seeing who he is before You- seeing the mess- suffering in his sin...and I sit and silently watch him suffer and my heart longs to scoop him up and tell him that it is okay and that he is good. But I know he's not, because I know him, and I know myself. And I dare not interfere with You teaching him Yourself. See, the desire of my heart is for him to be taught by You- to be sensitive to Your Spirit. So I don't go. I let You be the one to teach, to wound him, because I know it is for his good and I know you won't leave him there. And it is precious to me to see his heart soft before You. I know, if I stand back, You will scoop him up.  You will instruct and teach him. 


Thank You Lord, for softening his heart. Continue Your work I pray. Let him not rest in anything that displeases You. Teach and wound and heal and instruct and love and let him KNOW YOU. 


And my little one, my little head bobbing, booty shaking girl. Oh the screaming- why does she fight the very thing she desperately needs? She stands and screams and grips the crib with all of her might. If she would only let go she would find rest. But she fights and fights. How often is this me? How often do I hold on and scream and refuse to let go? All this, when all I need to do to find rest is to let go...

No comments:

Post a Comment