Friday, October 19, 2012

Grasping



     How do you hold on to all that's dear?  Like memory of Eliya stealing cookies with Jed at Bible Study on Thursday or the way she said oatmeal yesterday...all 3 syllables in a sing-song voice OAT-ME-AL. She was so proud! I think she said oatmeal about 300 times that day. 

The talk with my precious son in the car about fighting the fight of faith and refusing to allow the enemy room to separate relationship. How do I take a snapshot of these moments that I can keep forever? 

Can I freeze frame that boys precious smile that still, every once in awhile says "play with me momma". 

The way I feel when Eliya says, "I love you" to Nana on the phone, or how she sings the first few words of Baa Baa black sheep and looks at you, waiting until you sing the rest.  Will I forget the way she dances now, or how she loves the song, "Stuck Like Glue". 

Because we do forget. We forget the important things. At least I do. 

The Lord speaks and I rejoice in the moment. The moment is full and precious, but I so easily forget. The unimportant things creep in and make themselves all important. They scream for attention and I lose my grasp on the treasure. 

Oh Jesus, teach me to hold on to treasure and let go of all else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment